As might be expected, Zenair Ltd. is always looking for ways to develop new markets for its aircraft and to increase sales of its airframe kits. In some instances, it makes sense to appoint a "regional representative" to do just that in a given geographical area. Zenair has established guidelines and "minimum requirements" that must be met and followed in order to recognize a regional representative. If you are interested in representing and distributing Zenair's fine line of aircraft in your region, consider the following:
1) There must not be an active Zenair distributor in your area already.
2) You must be a pilot (or have a pilot on staff) who can demonstrate the aircraft as needed.
3) You need to be an established aviation sales and/or training organization based on an airport.
4) Your business will need to own/operate at least one airworthy Zenair design as a demonstration aircraft at all times.
5) You will need to meet a minimum annual sales quota in order to remain in good standing.
6) You must be prepared to translate all necessary aircraft-related documents into your regional language if required.
A note about "dealer territory": As a matter of policy, Zenair pledges to not recognize another distributor in a dealer's region while he/she remains in good standing. However:
a) Zenair retains the right to sell directly to any customer, anywhere, at any time;
b) Regional representatives should focus marketing efforts on their territory, but may sell anywhere*
outside other dealers' territories. *Some conditions apply; contact Zenair for details.
Zenair's agreements with regional representatives are therefore not "exclusive" agreements. Only apply to become a Zenair distributor if you can live with this. Our rational for this approach is the belief that the best regional representative will win the sales - Therefore, make sure you are the best (price, product, customer service, etc.) and you will succeed; do not plan on an exclusivity agreement to protect your sales area...
There are many genuine opportunities today in numerous international markets; If the above points are acceptable to you and you still feel that representing Zenair in your region would be an exciting venture, then we invite you to submit a letter of interest outlining your personal aviation background and your plan for becoming a successful Zenair distributor!
Your letter and all related material should be sent to email@example.com
For list of current dealers/representatives worldwide, click on the links (tabs) above.
Chris Heintz aircraft designs around the world.
Click on the map for a full listing.
A global network to serve Zenair builders, owners and pilots in: